Series Two offers a broadcast ready feature set in a compact dual layer 16 channel control surface, compatible with both our IP and TDM based router platforms.
Unlike semi-pro recording or live reinforcement consoles, the new Series Two is an IP networked console that has the size, feel and module width that are conducive to fast-paced live production. Available in a 16-fader frame, the Series Two has a complete tally system, motorized faders, and true surround with up/down mixing between 5.1 and stereo, plus busses and mix-minuses galore (two main mix busses, four subgroups, up to 32 bus-minuses (N-1), 4 mix-minus busses, and two aux sends).
Like its slightly larger sibling, the 24-fader Series Four, this console is made to work with today’s production automation systems. Yet it has all the important broadcast-specific features, such as automatic studio muting, machine control logic, de-embedding inputs, 5.1 surround capability, balanced or unbalanced AES inputs, router integration, and flexible monitoring capability.
All input channels for the Series Two have 4-band parametric EQ sections, tunable high and low pass filters, and compressor/limiters, plus expander/gate and programmable delay for lip-sync correction.
And unlike sound reinforcement consoles, the new Series Two digital mixing console offers a direct bus-minus feed with IFB from each channel plus four front panel assignable mix-minus busses.
An IP networked console, the Series Two integrates seamlessly with production automation systems for changing routing or automatically setting a crossfade between inputs as the switcher or automation system cuts or dissolves between video sources. Faders can be mono, stereo or surround, unlike some semi-pro mixers.
- IP networked console
- 16-channel frame
- Multifunction, high resolution touchscreen display
- Motorized input faders
- 2 main mix busses: one 5.1 program, one stereo program
- Submasters: 4 stereo
- Mix-Minus: 4 mono with automatic confidence feed switching
- Auxiliary sends: 2 stereo (direct rotary control from fader channel)
- Bus minus: direct mix-minus feed from every input fader channel
- 4 mix-minus busses in addition to bus-minus systemntro Features
- Loudness metering with large LKFS readout and momentary, short-term peak reading and program duration level history display
- Outputs from all busses and bus-minus are configured within the WheatNet-IP network matrix and can be analog and/or digital
- One 5.1 (audio booth), two stereo studio feeds
- Seamless integration with all major production automation systems
- Phase reverse
- Surround pan / balance control and blend
- Stereo mode control
- 4-band, parametric equalizer with variable high & low pass filter on each input channel
- Optional paging
- Compressor / limiter on each input channel
- Expander / gate on each input channel
- Variable delay on all input faders
- Any source, anywhere networking
- Any audio source can connect with any kind of signal, including analog line level, analog mic level, AES digital, MADI, SDI, and GPIO
- WheatNet-IP audio network compatible