Built upon the highly successful 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) service centric ETOS-1 which continues to deliver carrier-grade redundancy and protection for various applications.
Systems at the core are increasingly more elaborate and complex and are being developed to handle even more data. The requirements at the edge are entirely different; simplicity, multiservice, integration, and cost rule. Typically, only a few wavelengths are required to start. Space is often a premium, especially in huts and street cabinets. In some cases, the equipment needs to be environmentally and temperature hardened.
ADTRAN's Optical Networking Edge (ONE) delivers an innovative right-sized Packet Optical Solution integrated with access and transport. It is optimized for tier 2/3 service provider markets. It supports a variety of applications including mobile backhaul, business ethernet, residential broadband, and data centers. ONE delivers low initial cost, smaller footprint, and lower power as compared to core systems designed for high initial capacity and very long site distances.
- Expanded premium services scalability supporting the rollout of 10Gbps enterprise and datacenter services
- 1Gbps 4G/LTE mobile backhaul services and 100Mbps residential broadband services delivery
- Reduced time-to-revenue via the increased network simplicity gained from the support of end-to-end multi-ring, mesh and subtended 10GE access rings topologies
- Increased quality of experience via reduced network latency and integrated advanced service level assurance (SLA) and services management toolset
- Eliminates multi-box complexity with converged access, aggregation and packet optical transport via a single platform
- Premium service scalability with multi 10GE aggregation and transport with subtended rings
- Over 200 Gbps throughput per slot
- Carrier class resiliency and redundancy with cross slot Ethernet access and transport ring ERPS topology via ITU-T G.8032v2
- MEF compliant
- Optional OTN interfaces (OTU-2) for improved Optical SNR performance required for larger Metro and Regional networks (ETOS-10N)
- SLA Management via Ethernet OAM performance monitoring tool sets
- Extreme temperature hardened for street cabinet deployments