It is not uncommon that the distance between a USB 2.0 device and a host is more than 5 meters. In such cases, a direct USB cable cannot be used to connect them reliably. With the help of this host side extender USB 2.0 extension solutions can be built that make use of CAT5e/6/7 cables up to 100 meters. Both LAN and direct cable infrastructures are supported.
Another challenging situation where these extenders can be of help is when USB 2.0 devices from multiple locations need to be connected to a single host at the same time. Using a LAN infrastructure, up to 7 compatible device side extenders can be paired to this host side extender.
A host may be connected to a set of USB devices at a given point of time but there are many situations when the need to manage this set dynamically arises. The host side extender under discussion meets the above need because any of its paired host side extenders can be unpaired and new pairings can be formed with any compatible device side extender which is also present on the same LAN.
- LAN and direct cable connectivity supported
- Transparent USB extension
- Throughput up to 480 Mbps
- Device class filtering
- True Plug and Play
- Several mounting possibilities
- Small form factor and light weight
- Dynamic pairing to up to 7 compatible device side extenders
- Compatibility with ExtremeUSB® USB 2.0 vendor lock free extension devices