Magewell’s Pro Convert HDMI Plus hardware converter lets users reliably bring HDMI video signals into live, IP-based media production infrastructures using NewTek’s popular NDI® technology.
While some new products such as cameras support NDI directly, many customers want to use their current equipment with NDI-compatible production software. The Pro Convert HDMI Plus offers an easy-to-use, cost-effective and reliable hardware solution to connect existing sources to NDI-enabled networks, systems and software.
The self-contained Pro Convert HDMI Plus encoder converts HDMI 1.4 signals into full-bandwidth NDI streams up to 1080p60 with extremely low latency and is truly plug-and-play, with automatic input signal format detection and DHCP-based network configuration eliminating the need for manual setup. Source video is converted at its native resolution and frame rate by default, while a browser-based interface offers users control of FPGA-based up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, image adjustments and other video processing. Performing these functions within the Pro Convert HDMI Plus hardware can reduce network bandwidth usage and processing requirements for subsequent tools in the production workflow.
The Pro Convert HDMI Plus also supports 4K HDMI inputs at 60fps (with 4:2:0 color subsampling) or 30fps (4:4:4), down-converting them automatically to HD for capture and recording.
The compact and energy-efficient device can be powered over its Ethernet connection (PoE) or the included power adapter, and offers value-added features for camera-mounted use including tally lights and NDI-based PTZ camera control.
NDI is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Converts an HDMI input signal to an NDI® stream with extremely low latency
- Connects existing source equipment into NDI-enabled, IP-based media networks
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic input format detection and DHCP network configuration
- Encodes NDI streams up to 1080p at 60fps
- Also supports 4K HDMI inputs at 60fps (4:2:0) or 30fps (4:4:4), down-converting them automatically to HD for capture and recording
- Intuitive web-based UI for customizing parameters
- FPGA-based up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing and image processing
- HDMI loop-through
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- ¼-20 mounting hole for attaching to tripod or camera
- Remote PTZ camera control
- Tally lights indicate when output NDI stream is being used