Magewell’s Pro Convert SDI TX hardware converter lets users reliably bring SDI video signals into live, IP-based media production and AV-over-IP infrastructures using NewTek’s popular NDI® technology.
The Pro Convert SDI TX delivers the reliable and user-friendly conversion capabilities of Magewell’s versatile Pro Convert SDI Plus model in a streamlined, lower-cost, encoding-only configuration.
While some new products such as cameras support NDI directly, many customers want to use their current equipment in NDI-based AV-over-IP workflows. The Pro Convert SDI TX offers an easy-to-use, cost-effective and reliable hardware solution to connect existing sources to NDI-enabled networks, systems and software.
The self-contained Pro Convert SDI TX encoder converts 3G-SDI signals up to 1080p60 into full-bandwidth NDI streams with extremely low latency and is truly plug-and-play, with automatic input signal format detection and DHCP-based network configuration eliminating the need for manual setup. Source video is converted at its native resolution and frame rate by default, while a browser-based interface offers users control of FPGA-based up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, image adjustments and other video processing. Performing these functions within the Pro Convert SDI TX hardware can reduce network bandwidth usage and processing requirements for subsequent tools in the production workflow.
The compact and energy-efficient device can be powered over its Ethernet connection (PoE) or the included power adapter, and offers value-added features for camera-mounted use including tally lights and NDI-based PTZ camera control.
NDI is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Converts an SDI input signal to an NDI® stream with extremely low latency
- Connects existing source equipment into NDI-enabled, IP-based media networks
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic input format detection and DHCP network configuration
- Supports inputs up to 2048x1080 at 60fps
- Intuitive web-based UI for customizing parameters
- FPGA-based up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing and image processing
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- ¼-20 mounting hole for attaching to tripod or camera
- Remote PTZ camera control
- Tally lights indicate when output NDI stream is being used